Community Midwives

The community midwife is involved in all aspects of maternity care and oversees most of the ante-natal care in our practice. Some confinements are possible at the New Forest Birthing Centre at Ashurst. Other patients should be delivered at a Consultant led unit, either in Bournemouth or Southampton. You will be advised as to the most appropriate place for the birth, but you will also have a choice of where you go to have your baby. They can be contacted 24 hours a day by telephoning 01590 663480 or New Forest Birthing Centre at Ashurst 023 8074 7690.

Community Nurses

Single Point Access Telephone 01425 623802

We have a community nursing team led by a community matron. They are available to visit patients for nursing at home when they are unable to attend the surgery. Those patients who are fit enough to attend the surgery should make an appointment with the practice nurse. To request a community nurse visit please ring the single point access number above.

Health Visitors

Wistaria Telephone: 01590 689275

Milford Telephone: 01590 689275

The health visiting service aims to promote the health of the whole community. Health visitors and their team members play a vital role in promoting family health and supporting parents, referring onto other specialist services as appropriate. The health visiting team has information relating to babies, toddlers, young people, and parents. The team also offers ante and postnatal support groups, parenting groups, child health clinics and child health surveillance.

Attached Staff

Oakhaven Nurses

Telephone: 01590 670346 or 01590 679624

Oakhaven is a local Hospice caring for people with terminal illness. The Consultant, medical staff & clinical nurse specialists from Oakhaven offer advice, support and care to patients with cancer and their families.

Social Workers

Telephone 01590 625000

Social workers from Hampshire County Council Social Services Department can help with domiciliary care arrangements, day care, residential care and sitting services. Referrals can be made direct to Social Services.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website